Top Reviews!

On The Same "Paige" Views

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Life As We Knew It

    Hello On the Same “Paige” readers! I’m sorry for not posting for a while. Unfortunately, this is going to be my last post for a while. Don’t worry though. I’m going out with a bang. Today I’m going to talk to you about my favorite book of all time. I’ve read it three times and would read it again. It’s called Life As We Knew It by Susan Pfeffer. Life As We Knew It is a book about what would happen if the moon was hit closer to earth by an asteroid, told through 16 year old Miranda Evans’ diary entries. At first, Miranda thinks that the moon being hit by an asteroid is just another excuse for teachers to give homework (Spanish included...don’t ask), but then things start to go wrong. Panic breaks out and suddenly there is a stampede at the grocery store...and the mall. Other than that everything’s fine...right? Wrong. Things begin to slowly slide down hill, they lose Internet, power, heat, sunlight, and family. One after the next. Soon, volcanoes begin to erupt and oceans begin to flood the outer lands. Good thing Miranda and her family live inland with no volcanoes near by, otherwise there would be no story. Soon Miranda’s family begins to turn on each other, but they are brought together by the death of a close family friend. So many things go wrong for Miranda’s family and not just in their house. Miranda’s best friend and father (who’s wife was pregnant when she last saw him) are in a danger all their own. As you can tell this book is definitely one that I love, and I’m not even scratching the surface. Though, I thought I would leave some of that wonder for you. Anyway, I don’t love this book because of the story (well actually…). No, I love this story because its the first one that seemed real to me. I would curl up in a chair in the library during recess every day and just read. It would take me away into an apocalyptic world of terror and I would love it. I would come out of my trance thinking that it was all real. No other book has ever made me feel like that, and I love it. Hey, at least I’ll know what to do if a meteor ever really does hit the moon closer to earth. Oh, and guess what I just found out yesterday. IT’S A SERIES! It is known as the “Last Survivors Trilogy” (Even though there are four books). I plan on finding and reading them all. No one better dare disturb me while I read because I’ll bite their hand off. Well, if you love this book (and book series) as much as I do, or just love the trance it puts you into, then I guess were On the Same “Paige”.

- Paige Stewart

This is my copy of the book!
Here are a few links for more information:

The Book Site

Book Trailer


Pfeffer's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment